We deliver the AQA 8700 GCSE English Language course.
This is a fast-track course and starts Monday 4 January 2021. Exams will be held in June 2021.
The course will take place twice a week, on Monday and Wednesday from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Classes will be held online.
Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential, especially because it is a highly intensive and demanding course. We are looking for highly motivated students.
The course requires you to take 2 papers:
● Paper 1: Explorations in creative reading and writing
● Paper 2: Writers’ viewpoints and perspectives
Both papers are 1 hour 45 minutes long and are divided into 2 sections: one section for response to reading and one section for writing. Both papers contribute 50% towards your final grade.
● read a variety of texts from the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries, both fiction and non-fiction
● write a variety of texts, including stories, letters, speeches and articles
● complete a mandatory spoken assessment which will not affect your GCSE final grade, but will be awarded a Pass, Merit or Distinction by the tutor – this will appear on your certificate
The course provides thorough preparation for the exam with built-in individual support and guidance.
The GCSE course is completely free to learners, apart from:
● under 19s
● overseas students
There is no exam fee.
You may be able to get funding to cover some of the cost of equipment. You will need to apply for this once you have been offered a place on the course.
To find out more, see:
You will need to complete an online initial assessment to check your current skills. The assessment lasts for up to 3 hours. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the assessment.
ID will be required.
We look forward to welcoming you at CALAT and helping you achieve your goals.