To keep our staff and learners safe, your course content may be completely online or a mixture of classroom and online learning.
FREE* English & Maths
Free English GCSE (Intensive): Evenings – Starts 4 January for 18 weeks.
Free Maths GCSE (Intensive): Saturdays – Starts 9 for 18 weeks
We are enrolling now for the following short courses:
- Improve Your Writing Skills: Tuesday 23 February, 12.30 – 2.30pm for 5 weeks
- Improve Your Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar: Thursday 25 February, 12.30 – 2.30pm for 5 weeks
- Improve Your Spelling: Monday 22 February, 7.00 – 9.00pm for 5 weeks
- Creative Writing – Finding your Voice: 06 & 20 March from 10.00 – 12.00 & 12.30 – 2.30pm.
For more information on any of the above courses please email: email@example.com
We offer the following FREE courses:
- Beginner courses (learn to read and write)
- Prepare for GCSE starting in April 2021
- Short ‘fast track’ Level 2 courses for access to university or further study (starts January 2021)
- Intensive 18 week GCSE English and maths’ (starts January 2021)
- Flexible online English and maths programmes for learners from Entry 3 to Level 2
- Functional Skills
If you are a new learner enquiring about joining an English &/or maths course, please email the English and maths department: firstname.lastname@example.org to book an ONLINE assessment.
Intensive GCSE English and maths
Are you looking for a challenge? Our intensive GCSE English and maths courses may be for you. These courses start in January 2021 and will run for 18 weeks.
For details on our Intensive GCSE courses follow the links below:
Before you enrol, you will need to register online so you can attend one of the information-and-assessment sessions to assess your current skills. Please note these sessions will take place via Zoom and will last up to three hours.
You must be aged 19 or over as of 31 August 2001 to attend a GCSE course. *The courses are free, except to those who are not eligible for funding and/or have to pay the overseas fee.
If English is not your first language and you want to improve your language skills, please click here to go to the ESOL page.
You can use the learning resources below as revision tools or, if you haven’t done any maths for a while, to give you an idea of some of the topics that will be covered on a maths course.
These are the topics you will learn on a level 1 or 2 functional skills maths course and are important building blocks for those thinking of doing a GCSE course.