By recruiting a new apprentice you are able to train a new member of staff to have all the skills and knowledge they need to do the job you want them to do. Apprentices are enthusiastic and motivated, they bring new ideas and business benefit from their contributions.
Training for existing staff provides them with an opportunity to extend their skills, and gain nationally recognised qualifications, it increases staff well-being and loyalty to their workplace.
Apprenticeships are a cost effective way of providing extensive training programmes to teams.
How can CALAT help my Business?
CALAT can support your business by:
- Carrying out a training needs analysis
- Identify training that could be delivered free as apprenticeships
- Carry out initial assessments with your existing staff to identify the appropriate level of apprenticeship
- Support you to write job descriptions for new apprentices
- Advertise apprenticeship vacancies for you
- Carry out initial screening of potential apprentices
Using the Apprenticeship Levy
Business with a payroll over £3 million per year contribute to the Apprenticeship Levy. If you contribute to the levy you can use these funds to pay for Apprenticeships for your staff. The levy can be used to train new apprentices that you appoint and it can also be used to train existing staff.
If you want to explore your employee’s potential through our business driven qualifications and Apprenticeships contact: firstname.lastname@example.org